It's all in the Attitude
Each year in May the "Friends of Jorye" in Chase celebrate being grateful. Celebrating is about lifting spirits and reminding ourselves to celebrate the abundance in our lives. In 2008 a fundraising campaign started for the Yeung family, whose 10 year old son, Jorye was battling cancer. Jorye became an inspiration to the community as he remained positive and grateful throughout his illness and his positive outlook need to be shared.
Every Friday in May in Chase you can see people wearing green gratitude t-shirts and gratitude signs in the windows of local businesses. The "Friends of Jorye" invite you to take the Gratitude challenge and here are some ideas to get you started:
- Start a Gratitude Jar: Decorate a jar and place it on your coffee table. Each week, place some money in the jar and think of something you are grateful for. When the jar is full, give it away to somone in need, or donate it to your favourite charity.
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: Write down things that you are grateful for each day.
- Share Gratitude: At the dinner table, have each family member share what they are grateful for that day.
- Write Thank You Notes: Write a thank you note to people you are grateful for. (Teachers, garbage collectors, paper delivery person, parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.)
- Wear green for Gratitude every Friday: If you don't have a Gratitude shirt, wear a bright colour to show your support.